Tuesday, September 30, 2008

is it worth 400 clams?

I'm actually beginning to entertain the idea of purchasing a Playstation 3 for myself. Previously I've never found any games or features compelling enough for me to shell out $400, (probably more... backwards compatibility is a deal breaker for me), but now there's a game that may seal the deal.

It isn't Little Big Planet, though if I were to have a PS3 already in my possession I would undoubtedly jump on it. It isn't Metal Gear Solid 4 either, (boy did the hype for that game fall off fast), nor is it Resistance 2 or Killzone 2. To tell the truth, I don't even care about BluRay and by the time I do care to watch all my movies in high definition, either BluRay players will be cheap anyway or there will be other solutions available.

The reason for my interest in Playstation 3 is my long-time love for Omikron: The Nomad Soul and Fahrenheit, (a.k.a. Indigo Prophecy). If that statement alone isn't enough to clue you in to what game I am anticipating, this should help a bit:

I guess the only other reason why I might go out and drop 400 clams on a big, black shiny paperweight is if I Warren Spector himself announced his plans to personally develop and bring Deus Ex 3 to PS3 exclusively.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, Guerrilla Gamer, I'm also really excited for Heavy Rain. The latest trailer looks incredible. The PS3's lineup is certainly becoming strong with this holiday season's line-up of games.

If you'd rather not shell out the cash, you might want to try winning the system. I work with Stacker 2 and we've got this contest going on right now where you can win a PS3 or Xbox 360... right now there are less than 400 entrants, and all you have to do to enter is design a 6 Hour Power t-shirt (which is surprisingly easy to do online). There are also weekly prizes to win. Check out the contest details here: http://www.brickfish.com/Entertainment/Stacker2?tab=overview

I hope you don't mind me commenting on your post, by the way. If you enter, let me know and I'd be happy to vote for your design to help your chances. Let me know if you have any questions too. Good luck.

Franklin Keane
www.6hrpower.com
Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com